Wellness - Good Habits
There are a lot of standard practices that practically everyone agrees on. Practicing these good habits to encourage life and health aren't very difficult.
Home > Wellness
- Treat others as you would like to be treated. This reduces harmful conflict.
- Drink 1-2 pints of water in the morning after getting up. This flushes waste out of the body and hydrates the body for good digestion of breakfast.
- Eat a good breakfast of fruits, grains and a bit of protein. Everybody agrees that we need to eat good organic fruits. Blueberries, raspberries, etc make a tasty introduction at breakfast. Eggs have easy to digest protein. Some fresh cracked oats simmered till soft make a great breakfast cereal.
- Avoid sugar which feeds bad bacteria in the body. Food poisoning is bad bacteria in the digestive tract and can kill you. Feeding ourselves things that bad bacteria cannot live on (like carrots, fresh apples etc) promotes a healthy digestive tract and gives us more energy.
- Don't drink alot of fluids with a meal. This would dilute the digestive juices and can cause indigestion. If thirsty, drink water before your meal, and wait about 20 minutes before eating.
- Drink 1-2 pints of water one hour before lunch. This flushes waste out of the body and gives your body plenty of water for digesting lunch.
- Eat a variety of vegetables that are organically and locally grown in nutrient dense soil.
- Eat a little protein with each meal: grains and legumes can form a complete protein
- Deal with conflicts quickly. Don't stew on anger. If somebody made you upset, think about why it made you upset. Overlook small stuff. Talk to people calmly and promptly. Offer ways that things can be reconciled.
- Go to bed by 10PM. They say for every hour before midnight, it is the equivalent of 2 hrs sleep after midnight.